The Professional Communication exam validates that candidates entering the workforce understand key communication principles and skills that are necessary to be effective in a work environment. While the key skill being measured is communication, the nature of this exam will also help students with the other 3 of “the 4 C’s”:
- Critical Thinking
The CSB Professional Communication exam is a box exam with innovative selected response options that discuss core concepts including:
- Professional communication skills
- Effective verbal, nonverbal and listening skills
- Creating business deliverables
- Effectively delivering a message
- Receiving communications
- Analyzing communication scenarios.
It is a 50-minute exam with approximately 35-50 questions. An individual preparing to take this exam should have approximately 150 hours of instruction and hands-on experience in formal communication theory and practice.