PMI Project Management
PMI Project Management Ready
Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the world’s leading association for those who consider project, program or portfolio management their profession. Through global collaboration, education and research, they work to prepare more than three million professionals around the world for The Project Economy: the coming economy in which work, and individuals, are organized around projects.
The PMI Project Management Ready certification is a way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and connect with this passionate community of professionals.
The PMI Project Management Ready certification will introduce and familiarize students to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge to a wide range of career paths.
The PMI Project Management Ready™ certification is a new way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and get involved with this passionate community of professionals. This is an entry level certification that does not require any prior work experience in project management.
The certification covers four key topics:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Business Analysis Framework
- Traditional Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
PMI Project Management Ready can give students exposure to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge to a wide range of career paths.
What are the benefits of certifying?
- This new certification allows educators to engage with students interested in project management.
- Earning a professional credential gives students a competitive edge as it demonstrates their knowledge and competencies.
- Earning a credential prior to graduation also gives students this competitive edge as they pursue additional education, internship opportunities, or employment.
PMI Project Management Ready fills the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical education institutions to add value to their programs.
What are the prerequisites?
- Fundamental Core Concepts of Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Traditional Project Management Methodology
- Agile Project Management Methodology
- Possess fundamental computer literacy
- Be able to participate in training and take exams
Integrating PMI Project Management Ready learning resources, practice tests, and certification exams into the classroom will help students gain a credential in project management and prove their skills, preparing them for their next step in education.